CristianMúnera
Hi everyone!

I was searching on how to mask/silence DTMF tones for a conference with a Voice Portal application that receives credit card data. This is the scenario in a call center operation:

1) The client call is delivered to one hunt group
2) One logged agent in the hunt group answers the call
3) The Agent starts a conference with the Voice Portal application that receives credit card data

Condition: The Agent can not hear the DTMF tones typed by the client (no matter if the customer hear the tones or not) and any call recording system should not save them.

I know this can be done with TSAPI, but i don't know which method to use. It is possible with DMCC? JTAPI? Any ideas?
MartinFlynn
Hi Cristian,

What you need is the Selective Listening Hold service. You can get a description of it in "Avaya MultiVantage Application Enablement Services TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer's Reference".

This is available in TSAPI, JTAPI and, as of AE Services 6.1, DMCC.

Your post indicates that you are using AE Services 4.2 so the DMCC version is not available to you.

Martin
CristianMúnera
Sorry Martin, I left the default version in the post and forgot to change it.

I'm working with the 6.1 version of DMCC. The Selective Listening Hold method of this version supports that function?

In Dashboard, i'm trying to test it but I'm getting this error:
<subscribedResourceAvailability>generic</subscribedResourceAvailability>

If my estension is 6574, and i'm calling extension 6563, this is my configuration: (SWNPAES2 is the switch name)
Third Party Device Id: 6574:SWNPAES2:0.0.0.0:0
Active Call - Device Id: 6563:SWNPAES2:0.0.0.0:0
Active Call - Call Id: 1234 (Call Id of the current call)
All Parties: FALSE
Selected Party for Selective Listening - Device Id: 6563:SWNPAES2:0.0.0.0:0
Selected Party for Selective Listening - Call Id: 1234

The 6.1 version of DMCC supports this function? What i'm doing wrong?
CristianMúnera
By the way: The licences are ok... I know that because i've successfully executed other methods of Third Party Call Control, like MakeCall, ClearCall, HoldCall.

Thanks Martin!
MartinFlynn
Hi Cristian,

To the best of my knowledge, Selective Listening Hold is available in AE Services 6.1.

Unfortunately, DMCC does not allow a lot of information about errors to be passed to an application. You will need to examine the DMCC logs on the AE Services to get a better description of the error. You can get details on this, and how to increase the logging level is necessary, in the Devconnect FAQ "How can I monitor the XML being sent and received by the AE Services Server (debug, log, trace)?".

If you need to trace further, then you can look at the TSAPI traces. Details are in the FAQ "What is the procedure for enabling and accessing the AE Services logs for TSAPI (trace, tracing, g3trace, csta_trace)?". You may also find it helpful to get a copy of "Avaya MultiVantage Application Enablement Services TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer's Reference".

Please note that Selective Listen Hold requires a TSAPI Advanced License.

Martin
CristianMúnera
Thanks Martin... i'm going to check the logs indicated by you.

How can I validate if my TSAPI has the Advanced License?
MartinFlynn
You can check on the WebLM. You should see VALUE_AES_AEC_LARGE_ADVANCED, VALUE_AES_AEC_SMALL_ADVANCED and/or VALUE_AES_AEC_MEDIUM_ADVANCED licenses.

One license is used per Communication Manager. Which is used (Small, Medium, Large) depends on the size of the Communication Manager.

Martin
CristianMúnera
Hi Martin:

In WebLM i don't found reference to this values. The only one that is similar is this:

TSAPI Simultaneous Users
(VALUE_AES_TSAPI_USERS)

This is the basic license? Or I didn't yet seen what you indicate me?
MartinFlynn
Then it looks like you do not have an Advanced TSAPI license.

If you purchased your equipment through Devconnect, you should be able to open a ticket to request the Advanced license. If you purchased your equipment from a Business Partner, you will need to contact them.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view