JamieChen
Hi there, (I initially post the following questions in IPCoDE forum but I thought this Dashboard forum might be a better place for it. So I am posing it again here.)

After successfully installed CM and AES from IPCoDE, I want to verify it is working with DMCC Dashboard tool.

1. It seems that I can use those pre-configured extensions 40001, 40002, 40003. So I launched 2 Dashboards. One uses 40001, and the other one uses 40002.

2. From Dashboard, I am able to Start Appl. Session and get the device ID. I also start the Call Control Monitor.

3. I then click "Call Control" tab in 40002's Dashboard and to Make Call to the device id at "40001:cmsim:192.168.17.129:0" which is the device id of 40001 extension.

4. But here comes the strange par. From the event window, I saw the events of "Make Call Response", "Originated", "Delivered", then "Connection Cleared".
=> So the call was disconnected immediately.

Please let me know what is wrong here?

I have then the following questions:
(Q1) I would like to simulate an incoming trunk call which will eventually hit any of my DMCC Dashboard (e.g. 40001). How can I do this in IPCoDE? I am new to Avaya CM and AES, if I need to do some setup for this, please advise me if there are some instructions to follow.

(Q2) In the Dashboard, I was trying to make a simulated external call (e.g. (408)1234567). I then got an error of "objectNotknown". I then figured out I need to append ":cmsim:192.168.17.129:0" at the end to make it like a 'device id' even though this is for external call. So it seemed to create an external call. The call ID was 83. But when I tried to "Clear Connection" using DeviceID ="40001:CMSIM::0" and Call Id ="85", I got an error of "noActiveCall". Please advise how I can stop the call.

(Q3) In the Dashboard, the UI has "Extension" and "Password" below it. I guess this "Password" field is to login to the ACD queue or something. Is this correct? It doesn't seem this Password field is effective because I tried it with some garbage value or set the password to blank and they didn't seem to make any difference. Please advise.
JohnBiggs
It appears that there is some startup state inconsistancy between the DADS station emulations and Communication Manager. Start the DADS console from the desktop icon, and then create the windows for the virtual stations you are working with (40001 and 40002) using the Phones->8434 menu option. Enter the Extension, and then click on OK. When the virtual station appears, click the Go Off-Hook Button and then click the Go On-Hook button. That should clear up your issue.
DaveBurritt
I am not sure how to to trunks with the simulator. I will check into it and get back to you.

I think you received the "Connection Cleared" message because you had no enpoint physically registered to 40001, 40002, or 40003

The password field you are asking about is the password to the station as it is administered on CM. You only need the password for first party call control. That is when you register the station.

Try doing the following:

1. In dashboard #1, start an application session, get a device id for 40001, start a Call Control monitor, start a Phone Monitor which monitors Display Updates, then Register the Terminal (this is the step that needs the password filled in correctly).

2. In Dashboard #2, do the same thing as above for Device Id 40002

3. You should now be able to place a manual call from 40001 to 40002 by going Off Hook in Dashboard #1, pressing 4 0 0 0 2 (via Dashboard dialpad). You should see the incoming call come in via Dashboard #2 and you should be able to answer the call (Off Hook) and the hang up the call (On Hook).

4. Assuming Step 3 works, you can now try doing a Make Call from 40001 to 40002.

5. To easily tear any call down you can just press the On Hook button in each Dashboard.

FYI, you really don't need two dashboards running. You can do all of this in a single dashboard because the dashboard allows you to register multiple stations at a time. However, this might be a little confusing at first. If you have multiple stations registered at once, just be sure and select the Device Id inthe Device Ids box so that when you do an action (e.g., Off Hook) that is the device id who will get the message.

This is a lot of information for a single post. If you are confused let me know. In the mean time, I will check in to if you can simulate trunks with IPCoDE.

Dave
JohnBiggs
IPCoDE does support IP trunks, but I dont think that is the problem here Dave.

Jamie to successfully register 40002 you will need to set teh security code on the station form of Communication Manager ('change station 40002' at the SAT), and also enable IP Softphone = y on thesame form.

John
JamieChen
Many thanks, Dave. That's a very useful info for me.

One more thing to add: I was told that I need to activate something in CM in order to get UCID (universal call id) from DMCC for every phone call coming from CM. While you will be looking into creating a simulated trunk call, can you also look at this UCID activation area in CM?

Again appreciate your help.

JohnBiggs
Please look at this FAQ
What settings are required on Communication Manager to receive Universal Call Identification (UCID) information in events?

On this page
https://devconnect.avaya.com/secure/faq/d_faq.jsp?f=1&s=600#s600
JohnBiggs
(Q1) IPCoDE has a load generator running. It is placing calls to various VDNs and those calls are offered to agents that login and out from time to time. By monitoring stations in the 700000+ range you can see this traffic.... If you use the SES component of IPCoDE it has an IP Trunk configured between it and Communication Manager through which you can send IP trunk calls. Finally you could use some other IP Trunk platform and connect it to the IPCoDE Communication Manager. The standard Avaya Communication Manager Administration documentation contains details on how to provision IP trunks, or you could use devconnect application notes which describe configuring connectivity to various other vendor platforms as a starting point.

(2) You are properly trying to clear the call, but your call attempt failed or had been cleared by the time you tried to clear it. You will need to prefix your called party number with an ARS access code (9) and make sure that there is routing setup to select an appropriate trunk group to send your call over. You will need to proision this trunk group since all but trunk group 5 are used for inbound simulated trafic.

(3) dave answered this one. It is only used when you register the device which you have not done so far. Registration is necessary to utilize the DMCC services (everything other than call control service).
JamieChen
I did follow what you said on the following but get different result. Basically I used the following
Extension: 40010
Password: 40010
DMCC IP: 192.168.17.128
DMCC Socket: 4721
Switch IP: 192.168.17.129
DMCC Login: Avaya
I was able to (1) Register Terminal (2) Start Phone Monitor (3) Start Call Control Monitor.

(1) But when I click "Off Hook" button in Dashboard, I got the following

Set Hookswitch Response: 40010:cmsim:192.168.17.129:0 Invoke ID: 59
Hook Switch Event: 40010:cmsim:192.168.17.129:0 Monitor ID: 14 Hook State: ON HOOK
Connection Cleared Event: 15
Dropped Connection Id: Device Id: 40010:CMSIM::0 Call Id:144
Releasing Device Id: 40010:cmsim:192.168.17.129:0
Event Cause:normalClearing

NOTE!! The above said the Hook State is ON HOOK which I don't think it is right.

(2) Then, I tried to (a) press Off Hook button (2) press button '4' and I got the following

Set Hookswitch Response: 40010:cmsim:192.168.17.129:0 Invoke ID: 77
Hook Switch Event: 40010:cmsim:192.168.17.129:0 Monitor ID: 14 Hook State: ON HOOK
Dropped Connection Id: Device Id: 40010:CMSIM::0 Call Id:158
Press Button Response: 40010:cmsim:192.168.17.129:0 Invoke ID: 78
Dropped Connection Id: Device Id: 40010:CMSIM::0 Call Id:159

Overall, I am still not able to make the internal call from 40010 to 40011 working because of the above. I have the following questions as well
(Q1) Could it be because I use extension 40010? When I switch to use different extension (e.g. 40001) and followed the same steps, I didn't see any of events like above. Below is what I saw.

Set Hookswitch Response: 40001:cmsim:192.168.17.129:0 Invoke ID: 31

Page 50 of IPCoDE configuration guide said I can use 40001 is configured as a DMCC monitored station, so I assume it is okay, but how come I see less events coming.

(Q2) Sorry, I am very new to all of these CM and AES administration. I found the extension 40002's password is not 40002 and it always tells me "Invalid Access Code". I know how to launch SAT in CM but couldn't find any command for me to change the password. Can you show me how to change its password?
DaveBurritt
Jamie:

To change the password for station 40002, on the CM SAT, enter change station 40002. On the top of the form, you should see a Password field. Set it to whatever you want and then submit the form.

It sounds like you have something running in the background (load generator) which is forcing the station to go on hook.

JamieChen
I did verify that the load generator was stopped in DADS console.
DaveBurritt
What kind of station is 40010? To answer this go to CM administration screen and enter change station 40010 and the station type will be displayed.

Also, are you monitoring display updates? If so, when you go off hook you should see "a=". If you are seeing "a=" and then it immediately goes blank then something is telling the station to go on hook.

You might try adding a completely new station (add station xxxx (where xxxxx is an extension that is not used)).

Make the station type 4624, set the password to 12345 (or whatever) and make sure ip softphone is enabled.

Once you have done that use the dashboard to register the station in Client Media mode (Main Dependency Mode) and try going off hook (with the Phone Monitor enabled)
JamieChen
Dave, they are all type "6424D+" station with IP Softphone marked as 'y'. I will go ahead to add a new station as you suggested. But perhaps you can educate me a little bit more since I am new.
1. What is all about these types "6424D+" and type "4624"?
2.What does DCP phone mean?

Thanks
JamieChen
I created extension 20001 (type = 4624, IP Softphone = y, multimedia mode = enhanced). In Dashboard, I use 'Client Mode' for media control and 'Main' for dependency mode. When I clicked 'Register Terminal' I got the following error:

Terminal Registered Response: reason: Registration Reject reason: resourceUnavailable
Shared control denied because the DCP phone is out of service code: 3014 device ID: 20001:cmsim:192.168.17.129:0Signalling Encryption:
DaveBurritt
It sounds like you didn't register in Client Media mode and Dependency of Main.

Make sure the Media Control Mode (Client Media) is selected (i.e., BLUE in color) and the same for the Dependency Mode. The error message "Shared Control denied ...." tells me that Media Control was set to "No Media".

DCP means the phone is a digital phone. That is, the physical phone itself does not connect to CM via IP.

The station type is used to tell CM they type of physical phone that is going to be connected. There are lots of phone types.
JamieChen
Yahoo!! I wish you can hear my cheering! You are right that I need to make the color to be "Blue" in Dashboard in order to make it effective. Now I can see the extension 40001 is calling 40002 and I can see all the events.

Dave, many thanks for your help. However, I still need to know how to simulate a trunk call. John said I can try to use SES to do that, I will play with that later. But in case you know how to do that in CM or in AES, please let me know too.
Go to:   
Mobile view