CameliaSuciu
I understand that the TSAPI SDK is backwards compatible with older server versions and that the TSAPI SDK and the AES client version must match.
What is the suggested Avaya solution for the following scenario?
The same TSAPI application is being used by multiple customers with different versions of AES (some even running Avaya CT and MAP-D) and CM. Giving that the TSAPI SDK and AES client must match, does it mean we are supposed to install the AES client when we install our application?

Regards,
Camelia
JoelEzell
Hi Camelia. I'm confused with what you are saying about "the TSAPI SDK and the AES client version must match". The TSAPI SDK contains the TSAPI client: they're effectively one and the same. Yes, you must install the TSAPI client libraries along with your application.

Now, our latest TSAPI SDK / client libraries are able to talk to a wide variety of TSAPI servers, going all the way back to Avaya CT. This is accomplished through private data negotiation. If you want your app to work over all of these different versions, you need to determine the highest private data version that is supported across all of the TSAPI servers you want to support. You would then put that as the desired private data version when opening a session, and limit the functionality you consume to be that supported in that private data version.

If you wanted to optionally use new features exposed in later private data versions, you can put a range of private data versions you can support, then see what the AES returns as being the selected version. You could then use the more advanced features in the later private data versions when available, or limit your app to use the earlier features if needed.

Does that all make sense?

Joel
CameliaSuciu

Hi Joel, I'm pretty much aware of the private data version negotiation, etc in regards to supporting different versions of servers.
However, my question is related to the SDK and the AES client. As the AES (or Avaya CT) client can be installed independently of the TSAPI SDK, most of our customers would have installed that already on the server that will run our application to test connectivity to server, etc.
In that case, I assume we are supposed to reinstall the AES client that matches the version of the TSAPI SDK used to build our application. Am I correct? Thanks.
JoelEzell
I understand now. Yes, you should make sure that the client libraries you are running against match those used to build your application.

Joel
Go to:   
Mobile view