BlairNygren2
I'm getting Error from Dashboard when I attempt to monitor VDN.

I know in TSAPI C API, the VDN is cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice
and Extensions and Skills are: cstaMonitorDevice

So where is the distinction in DMCC .NET class?

Here the XML dump from DashBoard

Start Application Session Response: 1 Session ID: F12E42384780BDA6D22AA18D205A6B3D-22 Duration:180 Protocol Version: http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3/priv2
Get Device Id Response (Device.Phone):2 Device Id:209100:SWLINK1:SWLINK1:0
Start Monitor Response (Third Party Call Control):3 Error:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CSTAErrorCode xmlns="http://www.ecma-international.org/standards/ecma-323/csta/ed3"><operation>invalidDeviceID</operation></CSTAErrorCode>
DaveBurritt
Blair:

At the current time, monitoring VDN's via DMCC is not supported. That is why it fails in the dashboard.

Dave
BlairNygren2
Ok..... you know the next question.....

WHEN?
Sort of important for tracking calls from start to finish in the switch, etc.

Thanks

Blair
JohnBiggs
If the time table is important to you, I suggest you switch to TSAPI or JTAPI. DMCC VDN support is not in AES 4.2, and the next release of the AES is 1H2008. The functionality for that release is still being negotiated, so it is premature to make decision based on what may or may not be in that release.
JohnBiggs
oops 1H2009 is the next AES release, how time flys when you are having fun!
BlairNygren2
Thanks, for me - that's many many months away.

I already have a TSAPI C SDK Implementation which has been in the field for years, that is how I knew there was a difference. Anyway, I can run both on the same box for what I'm doing, just a pain to support two implementations.

I think I'll just wrap the TSAPI C API in C#. Of course there was a dude who started it and I have copy... he took care of all the BS around structures, enum, etc in the .h files.

Thanks

Blair
AlexCater
Dave:

I presume from your comments that moitoring of VDNs is possible via TSAPI - this may sound like a strange question but I read in the TSAPI Programmer's Reference that the ACD Group CSTA Device Type (VDN Communication Mgr Object) is a type that the TSAPI service does not support (P140/141).

So, there I was, merrily wrapping TSAPI in C++/CLI for C# consumption when I read this section of the document and suddenly began to worry that I would not be able to monitor a VDN.

Blair:

Do you have any feedback with regard to this? Did you manage to get VDN monitoring working via TSAPI? Any confirmation as to which methods I should look at (cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice?? etc)

Hope you guys can provide some advice.

Thanks in advance, Alex
AlexCater
Dave/Blair:

FYI the pages I quoted are from an older document, namely:

TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager
Programmer's Reference
Release 3.1.0

I have just looked at:

Programmer's Reference
Release 4.1

Although the same text is present on P144/145.

Thanks, Alex
JohnBiggs
Alex,
I looked at the release 4.1 version of the TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer's Reference and see the statement about the CSTA defined device types that TSAPI Service does not use. The list includes 'ACD Group'. While I am not versed in the unances between CSTA terms and use in the methods, I can assure you that using the cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice and using a VDN or Hunt Group (ACD) Extension will provide you with call eventing for calls traversing those entities on Communication Manager. You can use the TSAPI Exerciser to quickly prove this to yourself (assuming you have a CM and AE Services system to work with).

There are some interactions as a call travels between monitored VDNs and when a VDN controls a split that you may want to read up on and do some testing via the TSAPI Exerciser to make sure you are certain you understand.

John
AlexCater
Thanks for your quick response John. This is all quite new to me so I'm still learning many of the terms. Yes I have a CM and AES system for testing so I should be able to follow your suggestion re TSAPI Exerciser.

Is there a specific document that you would recommend I read relating to your point regarding the monitored VDN/VDN split interactions?

Thanks again! Alex
BlairNygren2
Thanks for all the comments.

Like I indicated before: I have a complete C++ TSAPI Server monitoring VDN, Skills (Agent login/Logout) and Extensions. That all works.

My primary concern is DMCC does not allow monitoring VDN or Skills. I would prefer to move with a standard offering via DMCC but until it enables Skill and VDN monitoring, I'll have to use a TSAPI C++ Server with DMCC for Recording.

Thanks

Blair
JohnBiggs
Alex,

Avaya MultiVantage®
Application Enablement Services
Programmer's Reference
02-300544
Release 4.2
May 2008
Issue 4

It is available on the DevConnect web site (www.avaya.com/devconnect) and on www.avaya.com/support
AlexCater
John,

Thanks for your help.

FYI I have noticed a mistake in the doc (R4.2)

Sample code for requesting private data (P170)

privateData.length= strlen( &(privateData.data[1]+2) );

should read:

privateData.length= strlen(&(privateData.data[1])) + 2;

Perhaps you could forward the info to the author/owner.

Thanks again, Alex
JohnBiggs
noted... I will pass this information to the documentation tech pubs group responsible for the document, it will show up in the 5.0 version :( Thanks for pointing it out, sorry for the pain it caused.

John
MattWithum
Hey John,

Not sure if this is the place for this question, but I dont seem to be able to find the correct place, and it fits this conversation, so here goes.

Is there an equivalent in JTAPI to TSAPI cstaMonitorCallsViaDevice (mentioned a few posts below) or some way to monitor VDNs and Hunt Groups via JTAPI? I am using the JTAPI exerciser provided by Avaya but do not seem to be able to monitor this.

Thanks in advance for any help ... it really is greatly appreciated.

-Matt
Go to:   
Mobile view