grayson.malinowski
I have a set of Speech Projects that I'm trying to export through OD and when I do I get the following error:
Error deploying the following projects: [project name]

Check the console and error log for more details on the error.

Checking the Eclipse console it says the Ant build was successful. There are no errors in that console.
Checking the Workspace .log file I see the following error:
!ENTRY com.avaya.sce.core 4 0 2022-04-19 10:23:10.808

!MESSAGE Error writing context.xml to C:/[project path]/temp.folder/metafiles
!SUBENTRY 1 com.avaya.sce.core 4 -1 2022-04-19 10:23:10.808
!MESSAGE Error writing context.xml to C:/[project path]/temp.folder/metafiles
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.avaya.ade.common.j2ee.tomcat.BaseXMLContextStore.getContextElement(BaseXMLContextStore.java:172)
at com.avaya.ade.common.j2ee.tomcat.Tomcat55ContextStore.syncTomcatVersionAndExport(Tomcat55ContextStore.java:128)
at com.avaya.sce.core.ui.wizards.export.TomcatProjectExporter.exportProject(TomcatProjectExporter.java:192)
at com.avaya.sce.core.ui.wizards.export.ExportProjectWizard.deployProject(ExportProjectWizard.java:517)
at com.avaya.sce.core.ui.wizards.export.ExportProjectWizard$1.run(ExportProjectWizard.java:267)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:437)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:353)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:483)
at com.avaya.sce.core.ui.wizards.export.ExportProjectWizard.performFinish(ExportProjectWizard.java:278)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:778)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:417)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.lambda$0(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.events.SelectionListener$1.widgetSelected(SelectionListener.java:81)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4433)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1086)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4243)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3822)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$Export.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:106)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:290)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:291)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:93)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:317)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:251)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:161)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:152)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:494)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:487)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:401)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:151)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.run(CommandAction.java:161)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.ExportResourcesAction.run(ExportResourcesAction.java:119)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(BaseSelectionListenerAction.java:167)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:565)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$4(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:86)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4433)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1086)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4243)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3822)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1150)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:153)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:681)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:595)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:152)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:656)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:592)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1498)

When searching google I could only find this one hit: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/0727c96d-0c44-4cae-aeca-5994c76be916
All it suggests is re-importing the project. I've done this multiple times and I always get the same error.

Here are my steps for exporting the project:
1. Right-click project -> Export
2. Select "Avaya OD Development" -> "Export Orchestration Designer Speech Project" -> Next
3. Set Destination Directory -> Next
4. Set Platform, Servlet, and Speech parameters -> Next
5. Check Deploy project as reusable module, and uncheck reset tracing -> Next
6. Click Finish
7. Get Error

I've tried cleaning the project, regenerating the project, using a different Avaya OD eclipse environment, pulling the project back down from GitHub, making sure the project is in a folder that I have full access to, making sure Avaya OD is in a project I have full access to, running Avaya OD as Administrator. I still get the same error.

I don't think the version of OD matters, but I'm trying to run Avaya OD 08.10.06.01

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
massimo__croci
Hi. That is the right procedure to follow, the error message is a known issue on AOD. Maybe the problem is in the project on GitHub. Might you post the link in order to reproduce the issue on my AOD ?
VasilyL
Hi,
I had the same problem.

The recommendations from Release Notes did not help as well.
But after some investigations I found the reason.

In my case I have git local repository directly in the eclipse workspace.
Don't do that.
Keep git local repository separately from Eclipse workspace.

After separating them the problem disappeared.
Go to:   
Mobile view