ElderPierre
Also, I am seeing this in the following book, I am not sure if I should mess with the properties file on the CM
"Avaya Communication Manager API
Management"

Error message: no ports available for IP Address
These following message indicates that you have assigned an insufficient UDP port range.
Oct 9, 2003 11:18:25 AM com.avaya.mvcs.media.audio.AudioServicesImpl startMedia
WARNING: [135.9.71.153:55001:0] null: 6: ResourceLimitExceededException There are no
ports available for IP Address:135.9.71.46
com.avaya.util.NoMoreSwPortsException: There are no ports available for IP
Address:135.9.71.46
Procedure In the configuration
JohnBiggs
ResourceBusy typically means that the extension you are trying to get a deviceID for is already allocated to another application. Without looking at what is going on in the AE Services logs (/opt/mvap/mvap-trace.log.0) it is hard to be certain this is your issue, but from your description of what you are doing it is possible.

In your case it appears that either by virtue of windows 7 issues, or how you are using the app, or something, the deviceID is not being released as you switch instances of the application. It takes 180 seconds by default after the socket closes for AE Services to automatically release the DeviceID.

I am not sure if you found the Error message in the mvap-trace.log.0 file, or in a document. You could increase the number of available UDP ports in the ip-codec form for the codec set you are using with that device. You will need to do a SAT command 'list registered-ip-stations' and find the extension you are using (when it is registered), locate the network region, then do a 'changeip-network-region X' modify the UDP Port Min and/or Max values on page 1
ElderPierre
But when you click on the exit(X) which kill the GUI, you can reconnect immediately!!!
JohnBiggs
Apparently somehow that nicely releases the deviceID. The other test paths you are going through don't, or you are running two instances of the app which are trying to acquire the same deviceID at the same point in time ... configure the app to use different extensions using the .properties file on the two servers...they shouldn't conflict with each other then.

careful examination of the dmcc-trace.log.0 file would tell you more exactly what is happening... particularly if you enable XML tracing (see a FAQ that talks about the logging.properties file for more details... I think the file is now named dmcc-logging.properties and the FAQ is a bit out of date).
ElderPierre
Thanks John;

One last thing, in the management console--> logs--> error logs. its hows " Page 1 of 8 Next "

how do you navigate to the next page?cause all I see is the back bytton!!
GwilymEvans
Click on the word "Next". Although it is not obvious, it is a button.
JohnBiggs
I would use a linux ssh session to access the logs... going through OA&M is extra baggage..

if you don't download the logs, and choose to view them, then on my ie explorer UI I see

Page 1 of 2 Next
[Back]

click on Next to see page 2 of 2.

JohnBiggs
yea that is a strange choice of UI elements isn't it?...
Go to:   
Mobile view