VladimirJovanovic
We have a need to handle NoInput and NoMatch events in different manner, on application level, playing a matching announcement for each of the events - "Please provide an input" and "This is an invalid entry." The other requirement is that the caller is given three attempts in total to provide a correct input. After the third wrong attempt, a message "Sorry, you have reached the max number of tries." is to be played.

Can you give us some suggestions/pointers on how to implement this?

We've had several different approaches and attempts, but none successful so far.
RossYakulis
Firget off I would look at the "Events" sample application provided with Dialog Designer. That in combination with prompt level should get you to where you need. I also have some other sample apps that I could email you if you provide your email address.
RossYakulis
should say "First off..."
VladimirJovanovic
We have consulted the Events application. It demonstrates how the events can be handled, but it is not applicable in our case.
It plays the message "My event caught" every time it occurs. We want to avoid this, so we added prompt levels.
Only then, the event handling does not trigger the desired threshold, it keeps looping in the menu instead.

Can you send over the applications to vjovanovic@geomant.com?
RossYakulis
I sent another example in email. Perhaps if you describe exactly the scenario you are trying to handle I could help more.
RossYakulis
I checked the events example and does do what you have asked for. I am also sending you another example, the problem you were having was the threshold on the noinpt and nomatch was at 1.
VladimirJovanovic
Thank you, I've received the emails, I will have a look.

We've experimented with the thresholds. If we set it to 3, then it jumps out of the loop, but the problem is that the maximum number of attempts (NoInput and NoMatch errors combined) is more than 3 in this case. The engine counts these events separately which leaves the caller with more attempts then designed.
VladimirJovanovic
The sample scenarios would go like this:

After the caller is prompted for input, they provide wrong ones each time:
1. After NoInput - "Please provide an input".
2. After NoMatch - "That was an invalid entry. Please try again.".
3. After NoInput - "Sorry, you have exceeded the max number of tries. Your call will be disconnected now."

If the threshold is set to 3 for both of events, the number of allowed attempts would be more then 3, right?
RossYakulis
I believe the second example I sent you does this.
KishoreJoshi
Hi Ross,

We are also implementing the similar logic as mentioned by Vladimir, Can I have that sample application too. I could not get the right combination always as either i need to put the threshold independently which will increase the attempt count or i should play all the time the invalid or no match message along with the max tries message at the end of third attempt.

my email id - joshi.kishore@wipro.com

Thanks
RossYakulis
sent via email.
LynnAugustine
Hi Ross,

I'm looking for a similar logic as you sent to Kishore and Vladirmir. Can you send me the sample application?

My email address is lynn.augustine@telus.com

Thanks,
Lynn
RossYakulis
I sent several examples in the mail that are all adapted from the "Events" sample application we distribute with DD.
DanielaBanin
Hi,
I would appreciate it if you could send me the examples as well.
Thanks
daniela@ncr.co.il
RossYakulis
they are in the mail.
Go to:   
Mobile view