- Educational Resources
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
IP Office Release 11.0 was made generally available in May 2018; Service Pack 1 (Release 184.108.40.206) was issued in August 2018. This is the latest release of IP Office and is recommended for new development.
New and Updated APIs and SDKs
- Centralized CTI Web Services API: This API no longer supports hunt groups in the same way as TAPI. The API has been updated in Release 11.0 to add support for Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS).
- Management API: Support for the older Configuration Web Services SDK remains available, but is limited in Release 11.0, to give developers time to transition their existing solutions. Additionally, support for SIP trunks is not included in this release, but will be added in subsequent releases.
- WebRTC SDK API: The SDK has been updated to take advantage of new WebRTC Gateway resiliency that was introduced in Release 11.0. WebRTC Gateway resiliency is included with IP Office Select providing High Availability (HA) to WebRTC users. The WebRTC SDK supports Chrome and Firefox browsers. Note that Apple requires use of Safari browser for WebRTC support on iOS; the WebRTC SDK does not yet include Safari support - so there is no support for iOS with the WebRTC SDK at this time.
- Avaya Breeze® Client SDK Support: Avaya Breeze Client SDK Release 4.1 adds initial support for IP Office Platform Release 11.0 / Powered by Avaya 3.0 and later. Features supported for IP Office Platform in Avaya Breeze Client SDK Release 4.1 are basic voice and video calling only. Any Avaya Breeze Client SDK Release 4.1 application will look like a 3rd Party IP Endpoint to the IP Office Platform and will thus require a license for same; this also means no resiliency. Note that the Avaya Breeze Client SDK does not currently support VP8 video codec.
Other new features and enhancements
- Integrated Contact Reporter (ICR): IP Office will no longer support ICR in Release 11.0. Avaya Call Reporting is the new system-wide call reporting solution available with Release 11.0.
- Avaya Call Reporting: Avaya Call Reporting is a robust call history and reporting suite for Avaya IP Office Platform. Avaya Call Reporting connects to your IP Office system and logs everything that happens on each call, from the moment it starts to the second it ends.
- Media Manager: In Release 11.0, Media Manager will be the primary recording/archiving solution, and will enforce Contact Recorder data migration. In addition, Media Manager search capabilities are improved for both Administrator and Users. Contact Recorder is no longer supported with IP Office Release 11.0 and is not part of the release software. There is no migration of Contact Store data with Release 11.0.
- IP Office Web Client: The new IP Office Web Client is a WebRTC based client that facilitates audio, video, Instant Messaging and Presence-based collaboration between users in either a Chrome browser based environment (Windows or MacOS) or as a standalone Windows client.
- J100 Series Phones: Support has been added for the J139, J169 and J179 phones, addressing the need for everyday voice communications.
- Vantage™ Device:The Vantage Basic software client is supported and introduces the all glass Vantage device to the Midmarket. The original K165 / K175 models (all glass, with/out camera) as well as the new K155 telephony form factor model will be supported. The Avaya Equinox client is not supported on Vantage with IP Office Platform Release 11.0.
- Avaya Equinox® Client: The Avaya Equinox client will be supported on IP Office as a softphone only (audio and video calling – no deskphone control). Instant Messaging will be provided via Zang™ Spaces, presence will be provided via the IP Office core and there will be optional subscriptions available to Avaya Equinox Meetings Online for multi-party audio / video / web conferencing. The Avaya Equinox client does not support third party call control in this release, so it cannot be used as a contact center agent for example. Client SDK support for IP Office will follow in a subsequent version of the Avaya Equinox client.
- Installation Wizard: The new Installation Wizard for small IP-based systems helps reduce the time and effort for deploying systems on day 1 and revising system configurations on day 2.
- Cloud Operations Manager (COM): (COM) provides multi-customer management capability via a single unified management portal capable of management and administration of up to 3,000 IP Office nodes and 1,000 customer instances. The tool is focused on Cloud deployments and may also be used with Server Edition and IP Office Select deployments.
For information about these and other new features and enhancements, see Chapter 2 of the IP Office Platform Feature Description, Release 11.0..
- Release & Product Overview Documentation
- TAPI, DevLink3 and DevLink
- Configuration Service
- SIP Trunks
- SSL VPN Onboarding APIs
- Location API & Emergency Services Call Alarm
- WebRTC SDK API
- Centralized CTI Web Services
- Management API
- Service Monitoring Web Services
- Avaya Breeze® Client SDK
TAPI and DevLink
DevLink remains available in Release 11.0 to give developers time to transition their existing solutions. Avaya cannot guarantee that future releases of IP Office will continue to support DevLink. Developers are advised to upgrade their integration to DevLink3 as soon as possible.
TAPI and DevLink Drivers
The TAPI and DevLink installers to be used with IP Office 10.1.0.0 are available for download below. Note that the DevLink driver is 32-bit only, and there are no plans to add support for 64-bit.
- TAPI 2 Release 220.127.116.11, TAPI 3 Release 18.104.22.168 and DevLink Release 22.214.171.124 driver installers (29.1 MB .zip)
Members who are registered for PLDS can also download the IP Office User CD 4.2.88 which includes the drivers from Avaya Support.
Software Development Kits
The Configuration Service remains with limited support in IP Office Release 11.0, however it does not support new functionalities introduced in Release 10.0 and later (e.g., Media Manager). Avaya cannot guarantee that future releases of IP Office will continue to support the Configuration Service, and therefore recommends that developers begin migrating their applications to the new RESTful-based Management API delivered in 10.1 as soon as possible. The new interface exposes additional capabilities and will be the supported interface for such applications over the coming releases.
The SMDR interface is described in Chapter 24 of the document below:
- SSL VPN Onboarding SDK, Release 9.1 (1.22 MB .zip)
- SSL VPN Onboarding Developer’s Guide, Release 9.1 (1.11 MB .pdf)
- SSL VPN Onboarding Express SDK, Release 9.1 (826 KB .zip)
- SSL VPN Onboarding Express Developer’s Guide, Release 9.1 (681 KB .pdf)
Software Development Kit
Emergency Services Call Alarm
The white paper below offers guidelines on best practices in supporting Emergency Services requirements and how specific IP Office features can be used to satisfy those requirements.: