- CCMA Open Interfaces
- CCMM Open Interfaces
- CCMM Web Communications
- CCMS Open Interfaces
- CCMS Programming APIs
- CCT .NET APIs
- CCT Open Interfaces
- Meridian Link Services
- Enterprise Web Chat
Sample Applications & Tutorials
- Add Contact to Outbound Campaign
- Agent Provisioning Web Services
- Back-end Avaya Aura Experience Portal and SIP-enabled AACC Solution
- Back-end Avaya Aura Experience Portal using Context Creation
- CCMA Web Services Client
- Customizing the Multimedia Web Chat Reference Implementation
- Export Contacts to OpenQ
- Front-end Avaya Aura Experience Portal and AACC Web Service Open Interfaces Solution
- Front-end Avaya Aura Experience Portal and SIP-enabled AACC Solution
- Soft Phone Attached Data
- Training Course
- Sample Applications & Tutorials
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
About The Tutorial
This tutorial outlines the basic steps involved in customizing the Avaya Aura® Contact Center Multimedia (CCMM) Web Communication Reference Implementation of Web Chat. This includes adding features to enable the quick integration of Web Chat functionality on any website.
After completing this tutorial, the developer will be able to:
- Customize the look and feel of the customer's Web Chat window depending on the web site where the request originated.
- Hide the Web Chat customer registration details so that the customer does not have to enter their name, phone and email address before the web chat session is initiated.
- Customers can submit requests to the Contact Center to email the chat log.
- Display the customer's first question in the Agent Desktop application when the agent accepts a web chat request.
- Display an "Exit" message on the customer's Web Chat window when the customer closes the web chat session.
- Display URLs as hyperlinks on the customer's Web Chat window so that the customer does not have to copy and paste link into a browser. This is an alternative to page push, which pushes a URL to the customer's browser.
- Display a specific Close Chat button on the Customer Chat window rather than having to click on the "X" in the top right-hand corner of the window.
- Page push a post-chat survey when the web chat session has been terminated by either the agent or the customer.
Note: A new version of the tutorial was issued in December 2012 for use with the AACC Multimedia Release 6.3 Web Communications SDK and Reference Implementation. The original version should continue to be used with the AACC Multimedia Release 6.2 Web Communications SDK and Reference Implementation.
This tutorial is intended for Web developers who have a working knowledge of telecommunications applications.
Refer to the latest version of the Web Communications SDK and Reference Implementation to configure the development environment for successfully running this tutorial. If the development environment has not been configured, then please do so before proceeding further.
- Tutorial for Customizing the Avaya Aura Contact Center Multimedia Web Chat 6.3 Reference Implementation, Version 1.0, Issued December 2012 (888 KB .pdf)
- Tutorial for Customizing the Avaya Aura Contact Center Multimedia Web Chat 6.2 Reference Implementation, Version 1.1, Issued September 2012 (998 KB .pdf)