This tutorial outlines the basic steps involved in customizing the Avaya Aura Contact Center Multimedia (CCMM) Web Communication Reference Implementation of Web Chat. This includes adding features to enable the quick integration of Web Chat functionality on any website.
After completing this tutorial, the developer will be able to:
- Customize the look and feel of the customer's Web Chat window depending on the web site where the request originated.
- Hide the Web Chat customer registration details so that the customer does not have to enter their name, phone and email address before the web chat session is initiated.
- Customers can submit requests to the Contact Center to email the chat log.
- Display the customer's first question in the Agent Desktop application when the agent accepts a web chat request.
- Display an "Exit" message on the customer's Web Chat window when the customer closes the web chat session.
- Display URLs as hyperlinks on the customer's Web Chat window so that the customer does not have to copy and paste link into a browser. This is an alternative to page push, which pushes a URL to the customer's browser.
- Display a specific Close Chat button on the Customer Chat window rather than having to click on the "X" in the top right-hand corner of the window.
- Page push a post-chat survey when the web chat session has been terminated by either the agent or the customer.
Note: A new version of the tutorial was issued in December 2012 for use with the AACC Multimedia Release 6.3 Web Communications SDK and Reference Implementation. The original version should continue to be used with the AACC Multimedia Release 6.2 Web Communications SDK and Reference Implementation.