- Telephony Web Service
- SMS Web Service
- Getting Started with AE Services
- Training Course: Developing with AE Services
Sample Applications & Tutorials
- Application Event Monitoring using the DMCC Java SDK
- Application Initialization using the DMCC Java SDK
- C# Telecommuter
- Call Control using the DMCC Java SDK
- Call Detection using the DMCC Java SDK
- Record, Playback, Transfer & Conference (RPTC)
- Setting up a Development Environment for the DMCC Java SDK
- Setting up a Development Environment for the DMCC XML SDK
- Telephony Web Service
- SMS Web Service
- DMCC APIs
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Avaya Aura® Application Enablement Services (AE Services) Release 6.2 was made generally available in July 2012. This is NOT the latest AE Services release; the latest release is recommended for new development.
New In This Release
AE Services release 6.2 includes the following new and enhanced features:
Java SDK Changes
AE Services Release 6.2 server-side Java services are based on OpenJDK 7. OpenJDK 7 is a version of the Oracle Java SDK 7 (OracleJDK 7), complied by Avaya for use with the DMCC Java, JTAPI, Telephony Web Service and SMS Web Service SDKs. You can download Windows and Linux 32-bit editions of the OpenJDK under the Downloads tab. Additional information is provided in the DevConnect Technical Note, "AE Services Release 6.2: Java SDK Recommendations", which is also available for download under OpenJava downloads.
- Cell Phone Recording The Cell Phone Recording feature enables DMCC client applications to record cell phone calls using the Multiple Registration feature in Communication Manager Release 6.2. The Multiple Registration feature enables up to three IP endpoints to register at the same extension. With the Cell Phone Recording feature, applications can record calls that originate or are answered from a cell phone that uses either the EC500 or the Avaya one-X OPTIM applications. The DMCC service client application registers at the same extension (in Dependent mode or Independent mode) as the user on the call.
AE Services Release 6.2 provides the following enhancements for the DMCC XML, Java and .NET clients:
- DMCC client applications support the following requests via DMCC System Services:
- Request System Status
- System Register
- System Register Cancel
- Change System Status Filter
- System Status
- System Register Abort
GetRegistrationStaterequest available from the DMCC Registration Service has been enhanced. If the registration state of the specified Device ID is REGISTERED, the response includes the IP address of the H.323 gatekeeper currently being used for the registration. This gatekeeper IP address is also displayed on the appropriate AE Services Console Management Web page.
- The following agent status events are available to DMCC client applications via Logical Device Feature Services:
- Agent Ready
- Agent Not Ready
- Agent Working After Call
AE Services Release 6.2 provides the following enhancements to support private data version 10 for TSAPI clients:
- adds private data (the agent work mode) to the CSTA Logged On event
- adds two new escape sequences:
- provides additional support for the consult mode reported in private data
- provides the agent work mode of the agent logging in
- Auxiliary Work Mode
- After Call Work Mode
- Auto In Mode
- Manual In Mode
Other New Features
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager Software Duplication: AE Services Release 6.2 supports Communication Manager Release 6.2 software duplication, which enables AE Services sessions to survive uncontrolled Communication Manager server interchanges when software duplication is used.
- Support for Machine Preserving High Availability: AE Services on Avaya Aura System Platform Release 6.2 supports the new Machine Preserving High Availability (MPHA) mode. The MPHA configuration consists of a dual server platform, which includes an active and a standby server. With MPHA mode, the standby server monitors the active server and then quickly takes over when certain fault conditions are detected on the active server.
- Historical Metric Data Collector enhancements: AE Services Release 6.2 enables administration of the Historical Metric Data Collector (HMDC) feature from the AE Services OAM interface.
- SIP OPTIONS message support for Avaya Agile Communication Environment™ (Avaya ACE™): Avaya ACE periodically sends SIP OPTIONS requests to maintain a heartbeat with AE Services. AE Services Release 6.2 responds to the SIP OPTIONS requests with a 200 OK.
- Enhancements to System Services The enhancements enable Avaya Aura Contact Center to query AE Services to obtain switch connection status and notification when the link to Communication Manager goes up and down.
- Increased call capacity for the TR/87 interface.
Compatibility with AE Services Release 5.2 and 6.1 Applications
All DMCC, Web Services, JTAPI and TSAPI applications created with the AE Services Release 5.2.x or 6.1.x SDKs and client libraries will work seamlessly on AE Services Release 6.2 without the need to recompile code and without the need to replace any third-party library components.
Note: AE Services 5.2 and 6.1 DMCC applications must specify the appropriate protocol version. If a protocol version is not specified, the server will default to 6.2 and the application may receive unexpected XML messages with added elements and/or receive new XML messages.
Compatibility With Communication Manager Releases
AE Services Release 6.2 is compatible with the following Avaya Aura Communication Manger releases:
- Communication Manager 5.2.x
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager 6.0.x Evolution Server
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager 6.2 Service Pack 2 Evolution Server
Communication Manager 6.2 is compatible with the following AE Services releases:
- AE Services 6.1.2
- AE Services 6.2
- Release Information
- Product Overview
- Product Documentation
- Server Downloads
- MIB Files
- DMCC APIs
- Web Services
- CVLAN API
DMCC Java SDK and Documentation
DMCC XML SDK and Documentation
DMCC .NET SDK and Documentation
Media Stack Documentation
Important Note: This is a sample implementation of a client media stack designed to demonstrate the RTP processing capabilities of the DMCC SDK. Click here for important information about using the Media Stack in production environments.
Note: The Avaya Aura AE Services Release 6.2 TSAPI SDK is not available for download. DevConnect members can order the TSAPI SDK via the Procurement option.
Note: DevConnect does NOT provide developer support for CVLAN.
End of Support
6.2 (Jul 2012)
6.1.2 (Mar 2012)
6.1.1 (Jun 2011)
6.1 (Feb 2011)
5.2.4 (Oct 2012)
5.2.3 (Mar 2011)
5.2.2 (Jun 2010)
5.2.1 (Jan 2010)
5.2 (Nov 2009)
4.2.4 (Aug 2010)
4.2.3 (Sep 2009)
4.2.2 (Jun 2009)
4.2.1 (Aug 2008)
AE Services Release 6.2 Server and Client Release Notes, Issue 1.4 (185 KB .pdf)