Avaya ChatBot Snap-in 18.104.22.168 has introduced the following new and enhanced features:
- Open architecture that allows developers to write plug-ins to connect with any Automated Chat Engine.
- Two ReST APIs (v2) that enable the information exchange with the backend Automated Chat Engine.
For more detailed information about these features, see the Developer's and API Reference Guide and Chatbot SDKs, which are available under the Downloads tab.
This is the first release of the Avaya Chatbot Snap-in. Key features for developers include:
- The Avaya Chatbot Snap-in is deployed on the Avaya Breeze Platform and acts as a connector to Avaya Automated Chat. Avaya Automated Chat is a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution that can be deployed in a public or private cloud.
- Using the Chatbot Snap-in APIs, developers can create customized, self-service solutions that enable an organization's customers to conduct automated text-based dialogs via Web chat, Mobile chat, IM or SMS.
- The Chatbot Snap-in also publishes events to the Avaya Breeze Bus whenever a chat session is started or ended, and whenever a customer question cannot be answered. Other snap-ins can use these events to trigger additional processing.
For more detailed information about these features, see the Release Notes, Reference Guide, Developer's and API Reference Guide and Chatbot SDK, which are available under the Downloads tab.
Chatbot Snap-in Release 3.2 interoperates with the following Avaya product releases:
- Avaya Automated Chat 2.0
- Avaya Breeze Platform 3.2
- Avaya Aura System Manager 7.0.1
- Avaya Oceana Solution 3.2