- Avaya BotConnector Snap-in
- Co-browsing Snap-in
- Context Store
- Engagement Call Control
- Engagement Designer
- Message Recording Snap-in
- Presence Services
- Real-time Speech
- Work Assignment
- Educational Resources
- Development Tools & Configurations
- Compliance Testing
Avaya Aura® Presence Services Release 8.0 was made generally available in July 2018. Feature Pack 1 (Release 8.0.1) was issued in December 2018 as part of the Avaya Aura Platform Release 8.0.1. Feature Pack 2 (Release 8.0.2) was issued in March 2019. This is the latest release of the Presence Services Snap-in and is recommended for new development.
New In Release 8.0.2
Avaya Aura Presence Services 8.0.2 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Apple Push Notification service (APNs) enables clients to receive incoming call alerts and other notifications from a third-party notification service.
- Health check alarm introduced providing a solution to the “Domains are overlapping between enterprise directory groups” health check alarm.
- Enhanced support for multi-user chat with federated users and Avaya Equinox clients.
New In Release 8.0.1
Avaya Aura Presence Services 8.0.1 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Avaya Multimedia Messaging integration creates one streamlined solution for users.
- Support for Avaya Equinox Release 3.3 or later and Avaya Equinox Attendant.
- Support for multi-user chat with federated users and Avaya Equinox clients.
- Multimedia attachment storage added for on-premise and cloud deployments.
- Support for Amazon Web Services cloud platform.
New In Release 8.0
Avaya Aura Presence Services 8.0 includes the following new and enhanced features:
- Average supported contact list has increased from 25 to 40 contacts per user.
- Presence Services Release 8.0 supports federation with Microsoft Skype/Lync enterprise edition.
- A user's telephone status, the “On A Call” state, can now be published into the federated MS Skype/Lync system providing a unified presence view on the chat client.