Engagement Development Platform APIs and SDK Enhancements
The following call and media capabilities have been added to the Engagement Development Platform APIs:
- The new
addParticipant() method can be invoked one or more times on an initial Call to cause the call to be alerted at additional destinations.
- Text-based announcements can be played to call participants if the Nuance Speech Sever and the Avaya Real-time Speech Snap-in are licensed and deployed on Engagement Development Platform.
- Automatic speech recognition can be invoked if the Nuance Speech Server and the Avaya Real-time Speech Snap-in are licensed and deployed on Engagement Development Platform.
In addition, the APIs have been enhanced to enable developers to take advantage of the Eventing Framework, snap-in alarm and cluster features introduced in this release.
The Engagement Development Platform SDK includes the following enhancements:
- Sample snap-in services: the Collaboration Environment SDK includes the new Calling Policies sample snap-in and an enhanced Whitelist sample snap-in.
Service Pack 3.0.2: New Service Activity Data methods were added to the Engagement Development Platform APIs in the 3.0.2 release. These methods enable snap-ins to manage non-SIP and non-HTTP activities so that servers will not be taken out of service until all such activities cease.
- Several Engagement Development Platform instances can be defined and configured as a cluster and managed together. The Engagement Development Platform APIs provides new methods to get cluster attributes.
- The Eventing Framework enables snap-ins to publish and subscribe for events, optionally using filters. A connector enables remote publishing of events through HTTP.
- The serviceability agent now sends Avaya snap-in alarms to System Manager.
- The release introduces the new HTTP Message Trace, Collaboration Bus Trace and Event Watcher tools, and the enhancements to the Reporting tool.
- Data grid configuration is supported at cluster level.
- Engagement Development Platform makes use of System Manager's geographic redundancy feature.
- Trusted certificates can be added at cluster level.
- The preferred version of a snap-in can be specified at cluster level.
- License tracking and enforcement has been introduced for Engagement Development Platform and the Avaya snap-ins.
- Separate log files are available for each snap-in.
- New maintenance tests are available for data grid and alarming.
Avaya Aura System Manager Release 6.3.9 or higher is required to configure and manage Engagement Development Platform 3.0 and 3.0.1. System Manager Release 6.3.10 or higher is required to configure and manage Engagement Development Platform 3.0.2.
Engagement capabilites are facilitated by Avaya Aura Session Manager Release 6.3.8 or higher, Avaya Aura Communication Manager Release 6.3.6 or higher, Avaya Media Server Release 7.6 or higher, and Scopia.
Traditional H.248 gateways are supported to provide access to the PSTN and to provide support for H.323 and legacy endpoints. Connection to SIP service provider trunks is via a Session Border Controller to Session Manager.